We are looking for a Studio Coordinator to join the team at an established Artist studio, this will be a key role supporting the smooth running of the studio as well as the artists day to requirements. The person in this role will be the point of contact with clients including galleries, collectors and museums. The ideal candidate will be a very organised team player with a flexible approach to work. Previous experience working with artists and commercial galleries would be preferable.
This is a full time (Monday-Friday) role based in the studio.
- Management of artists diaries and travel bookings local and international, along with other personal administration activities, as required
- PA based tasks: directly assisting in the day to day activities of the artist-diary management, ad hoc errands
- Liaising with private clients, galleries, art consultants regarding all requests, queries etc
- Answering client enquiries, liaise with client throughout the entire sale cycle, when buying privately from the studio
- Answering info@, general email enquiries for media, sales or events on behalf of the studio
- Event management – hosting studio events, interview visits, collector/patron tours
- Booking shipping and couriers
- Working with a network of shippers on behalf of the collector or in conjunction with the gallery or art consultant. Coordinate shipping and installation
- Point of contact for client resolution on repairs or restoration of artworks
- Deal with press enquiries, organise interviews for the artists.
- Manage Artlogic system with the studio team
- Coordinate some photography and authenticity of artworks
- Day to day running of studio: ordering office and canteen supplies, answering the phone, maintaining a clean workspace
- Manage some building utilities and contracts
- Ability to plan effectively
- A pragmatic approach
- Excellent communicator who can talk to people at all levels
- Flexible personality, adaptable and a sense of humour
- Someone with emotional awareness and emotional intelligence and able to read the situation well