We are looking for a manager for an international artist’s studio working on a range of ambitious and exciting projects and collaborations around the world. These include large-scale installation and exhibition projects in major international museums and galleries.
This role will be 3-4 days per week. The ideal candidate will have solid experience in artist studio management, or a similar role.
The studio manager will work closely with the artist and be actively involved with the management of all studio activities with the support of the production manager and a small dynamic team of studio assistants. They will manage specific projects as well as the general administration, day-to-day running and the strategic development of the studio.
- Fantastic organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Great people skills, for communicating both within and on behalf of the studio, including gallery liaison with the artist’s galleries and first point of contact for the artist.
- An in-depth understanding and demonstrated experience of the administrational processes involved in running an artist’s studio, including: insurance, shipping, health and safety, consignment of works, studio accounts, budget management, database management, artist contracts etc.
- Excellent management skills and ability to run the studio efficiently.
- A commercial outlook with the ability and motivation to research and create opportunities for the studio.
- Great general computer fluency/ability.
- Excellent writing style.
- Ability, dedication and ambition to make a long term commitment to the studio.
Key Skills / Personal Specification:
- Positive attitude, hard and efficient worker who enjoys what they do.
- Someone who we’ll love to have on our small and cheerful team and who will thrive in the studio environment.
- Very tidy, organised, with attention to detail and an excellent communicator.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Further desirable qualities might include:
- Love of music / musical understanding and ability / understanding of acoustics.
- Event and performance management experience.
- Experience in architectural projects.