We are inviting applications for the role of Watch Specialist to join an established team and help drive the business forward.
The applicant must have a sound knowledge of Watches and recent experience of all aspects of the fine art auction and valuation industry. A high standard of cataloguing skills is required and an established network within Europe would be required. We are seeking someone who can uphold strict professional standards, and with the client and business development skills needed to grow the business in the challenging auction world. The successful applicant would work closely with the head of jewellery and watches, a motivated team within the business to set up dedicated fine watches sales.
- Watch Specialist – (antique, period and modern watches)
- European Network or Contact base essential
- Previous employment at an auction house with experience of valuing and cataloguing, phone bidding etc…
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good people skills and team work, as well as the ability to secure consignments and develop new business
- Organised, able to work under pressure during deadlines and meet those
- Fluent in English – additional languages would be a plus
- Comfortable with regular travels within Ireland and Europe for regular business getting ahead of a sale
- Business Development, bringing in consignments
- Auction/ Probate/Insurance Valuations
- Cataloguing – researching and describing items consigned for sale
- Client Management – ensuring that vendors are kept informed of the auction arrangements, and that formal valuations are completed to the satisfaction of the instructing parties. Build a network within Ireland (and internationally) of regular buyers/ collectors
- Prepare exhibitions ahead of sales and their display
- Prepare watch advertisements/ press releases and any other promotional requirements, liaising with jewellery.
Competitive salary dependant on experience.
Home Counties UK