This week we have been speaking to Edward Naish, Associate Director of Mtec Ltd an international fine art shipping company, based just outside London.
- What time do you wake up? 6.00 (usually by children)
- What are you usual working hours? In the office between 9.30am – 8.30pm.
- What are your key tasks ? Respond to estimates requests by gathering information, vendors quotes and providing estimated charges to clients. Following up and converting estimates into jobs. Booking jobs with suppliers and arrange paperwork.
- What was your career path to this role? Cycling Proficiency instructor p/t (12-15 yrs old), Homebase p/t (16-18), Scanning Appt coordinator (18), GSK clinical development associate (21) MD Long River Ltd (21-22), Recruitment Consultant (22), Event Operations Manager (23-25), Art Logistics Coordinator (25-28), Registrar (29-33), Associate Director (34+)
- What are the best and worst things about your job? Working with friends vs not having my own art handling airline
- What careers advice would you give to your 18 year old self with the benefit of hindsight? Be patient, work hard
- Have you had a secret job that is not on your CV? No. You have it all.