An international gallery with a space in London is looking for an Accounts Assistant to support the Finance Manager. The main function of the role is to support the Finance Manager in accounting for all gallery costs and ensuring that payments are made in a timely manner. The job role will cover reviewing and processing all purchase ledger invoices and staff expense entries. With the long-term view of taking full ownership of the AP function, and helping compile reports on the Exhibition and Gallery Overheads.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Accounts Payable (AP)
- Reviewing AP payment requests and ensuring correct approval has been obtained.
- Posting AP invoices and setting up the regular AP payment runs on accounting software.
- Entering cost data into the global operating system.
- Preparing payments on the online banking system.
- Responding to internal and external queries on AP payment statuses.
- Assisting the Finance on AP statement reconciliations.
Staff Expenses (AP)
- Sending the Credit Card reports to staff to help them complete their monthly expense.
- Checking and approving all credit card expenses by staff.
- Assisting the bank reconciliation of credit card expenses.
- Ensuring all credit card expenses are correctly recorded in the accounting software.
- Compiling staff expense reports
Exhibition Reports (Reporting)
- Assisting the Finance manager to pull exhibition spend reports.
- Liaising with staff to ensure that all costs are captures.
- Assisting the Finance manager with pulling budget reports.
- Liaise with staff to ensure that all costs are capture.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Some relevant finance experience and/or a suitable Accounting/Finance/Business qualification.
- Strong Excel skills, plus confidence with using Microsoft Office and accounting software.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams in the UK and around the world.
- Excellent attention to detail.
This is a hybrid role with 2 days remote working.