We are looking for an Art Technician to join a busy tech team based in a Central London artist’s studio. An excellent opportunity to learn technical based skills to further your career in the creative industry.
- An Art Technician role that covers a broad range of technical responsibilities, including art handling, assembling and packing of all artworks, sculptures, cabinets, tanks – within the studio
- Reporting to the Studio Manager and working closely with management, you will play a key part in the day-to-day smooth running of the studio
- The primary focus of the role is working with 3D artwork, but this role may require you to assist and support other areas of the company
- You must be proactive and have a flexible approach to work, take initiative and think on your feet
- You must have diverse practical skills and experience in moving, handling, installing and storing various artwork
- Experience operating and using a wide range of tools and machinery would be advantageous, as well as a knowledge of condition reporting and framing
- Computer literate with a knowledge and understanding of all Microsoft Office packages. Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign knowledge desirable
- You must have a clean and full driving license. A forklift truck license is an advantage
You will receive specialist guidance and training appropriate to your role which will be ongoing where necessary and beneficial. This includes 3D sculpture installation training, 2D hanging and movement of artworks instruction, forklift truck training, access platform training, as well as all relevant tickets.