Our client, an established Auctioneer and Valuer with multiple locations throughout England, is seeking a General Valuer and Manager. As part of a strategy for continued growth, our client is searching for an experienced Valuer to head up a new location based in the North West. The role would suit someone who has business acumen and would thrive on the opportunity to set up and lead a new location.
- Overall budgetary responsibility and oversight of the office with support and direction from the MD.
- Operational set up of the new office using established systems and processes
- Client valuations in-house and when visiting properties for auction, insurance, and probate purposes
- Professional written valuations, cataloguing of items for the busy schedule of auctions, and the creation of condition reports
- Dealing with clients pre- and post-sale
- Staff management
- Auctioneering, both from the rostrum and online desired but not essential
- Good experience as a Valuer and Cataloguer
- Experience as a General Valuer would be ideal, however consideration would be given to candidates with specialist experience
- Strong business acumen
- Good understanding of auction operations , pre and post-sale procedures, use of auction systems etc
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Driving essential
- Computer literacy essential
- Auctioneering experience desires, but no essential