On behalf of a leading international Auction House we are working on a search for Head of Jewellery – UK & Europe, who is ideally to be based in London.
Head of Jewellery – UK & Europe Responsibilities:
- Implement department sales in line with the annual business plan budget.
- Work with the Global Jewellery Director to develop and implement a plan for the Jewellery department to expand in the UK and Europe.
- Develop and support the current staff across our London and Paris locations.
- Increase the visibility of the Jewellery department across Europe.
- Create and preserve connections with advisory institutions and professionals.
- Maintain and support the continued development of a database of customers, including both buyers and sellers.
- Contribute to and support the expansion of all the company’s businesses in the UK and Europe.
- Achieve annual sales targets by serving as the primary business developer in the UK and Europe and organising appraisals and valuation events across the continent.
- Maintaining vendor commission levels to meet budgetary needs.
- Identify and develop closer relationships with high-level trade clients as well as potential UHNW individuals who currently have no business relationship with the company.
- Stay up to date with competitors’ strategies to improve the Jewellery department’s position in the market.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department to create advertising and marketing campaigns to increase business.
- Oversee the creation of sales catalogues for all teams in the UK and Europe.
- Promote the Jewellery department with industry events and lectures.
- Support with Jewellery exhibitions across Europe and Worldwide as needed.
Head of Jewellery – UK & Europe Requirements:
- Track record of success in a similar role.
- An established network of Jewellery clients.
- Strong knowledge of auction processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant subject.
- In-depth expertise in gemmology.
- Exceptional sales and pipeline management skills.
- Strong market and trend awareness.
- Time management, organisation, communication, and attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license and happy to travel regularly