We are looking for an experienced registrar for an established Contemporary Gallery in Paris.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Inventory Control & Logistics: Organisation and execution of all international logistics (including insurance, packing, customs, transportation, storage, installation, and dismantling) relating to consignments, loans, sales, art fairs, and gallery exhibitions.
- Exhibitions & Art Fairs: Lead efforts relating to the shipment, installation, scheduling, maintenance, and dismantling for all art fairs, gallery exhibitions, private viewings, and other special projects as required
- Facilities & Vendor Management: Oversee and direct maintenance of gallery premises and mechanicals, including control of associated suppliers, vendors, and contracts.
- Logistics: Organising the production, packing, shipping and mounting of the gallery shows in respect of the established planning.
- Management: Manage onsite art handlers, conservators and framers.
Art handling and installation skills would be an advantage.
Candidates should be confident using Artlogic, SketchUp, Word, Excel and Outlook, and have excellent communication and organisational skills.
A knowledge of UK customs regulations would be advantageous.
Fluent French and English is essential.