A new gallery in London is seeking a Sales Director to work alongside the Managing Director to promote their artists and grow their collector base. Candidate’s responsibilities will include driving sales across all gallery channels.
The client is a contemporary art gallery and fine print publisher with locations in the US. The gallery deals in modern, post-war and contemporary original and editioned artwork.
The Ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- BA in Art History and/or Arts Administration, and sales experience in an international art gallery or auction house.
- Proven ability to meet annual sales goal.
- Direct hands-on experience with, and knowledge of Modern, Post-war and Contemporary art.
- Strong familiarity with client database systems, i.e. Artlogic.
- Meticulous organisation in client follow up.
- A self-starter with the ability to solve complex problems under tight deadlines and challenging situations.
- Must have access to an existing collector base and art world network.
- Driven, go-getter attitude with an ability to follow through with clients, always focusing on closing the sale.
- Detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong sales background.
- Superior communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Proven IT skills in all areas, including Microsoft Office Suite, with the aptitude to learn additional programs as needed.
- Personable and should be experienced and comfortable accommodating high-end clientele.